Schengen Visa Information for Bangladeshi
What Documents are Required when Applying for a Schengen Visa?
The following list of documents are required for any short-term Schengen visa application:
- Visa application form. Fully completed and signed.
- Two recently taken photos must be attached. Both photos must be taken within the last three months, according to the visa photo requirements.
- A valid passport.
Not older than 10 years and it should valid for at least three more
months beyond the date you plan to leave Schengen area. Older passports
with visas on them (if you have any).
- Round trip reservation or itinerary.
It must include dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from
the Schengen area. You can use the visa consultation services like this one.
These guys can handle most of your visa requirements such as flight
itineraries, hotel reservations along with free consultation over email.
- Travel insurance policy.
A document that proves you have travel health insurance for the whole
Schengen territory, with a minimum coverage of 30,000 euros in case of
any medical emergency as illnesses, accidents and even repatriation in
case of death.
- Proof of accommodation. A document that shows where you will be accommodated throughout your stay in Schengen. This can be one of the following:
- A hotel/hostel booking.
- A rental agreement.
- A letter of invitation from a host at whose house you will be staying.
- Proof of financial means.
Evidence that you have enough money to support yourself financially
throughout your stay in the Schengen. This can be one of the following:
account statement – that shows you have enough money in your account
for the trip. The statement shall be no older than 3 months.
Letter – by another person that confirms they will be financially
supporting your trip to the Schengen. In order for this letter to be
valid, it must be accompanied by a bank statement of the sponsor, no
older than three months.
- A combination of your bank account statement and a letter of sponsorship.
- Proof of paid visa fee. €60 for adults and €35 for children from 6 to 12 years old.
GET FLIGHT ITINERARY & HOTEL BOOKINGS FOR ANY VISA.FREE CONSULTATION.
with the aforementioned generally required documents, Schengen
embassies around the world require some specific documents from the visa
candidates depending on their employment status as well as several
additional documents depending upon the type of Schengen visa applied
Schengen Visa Requirements According to Applicant’s Employment Status
Specific required documents, based on visa applicant’s employment status are as following:
- For employees:
- Employment contract.
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months.
- Leave permission from the employer.
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary.
- For the self-employed:
- A copy of your business license.
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months.
- Income Tax Return (ITR).
- For students:
- For retirees:
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months.
- If unemployed and married to an EU citizen:
of Employment letter, no older than three months, from their spouse’s
employer stating the position held within the company as well as the
- Spouse’s valid passport.
- An official marriage certificate.
What Documents are Required for Schengen Visa for Minors?
parents / legal guardians of minors applying for a Schengen visa, must
submit some extra documents for the underage applicant:
- The minor’s birth certificate.
- Application form signed by both parents.
- Family court order – in cases where only one parent has full custody over the child.
- Certified copies of ID / passport of both parents.
- A notarized parental authorization signed by both parents / guardians if the minor will be travelling alone.